Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympics

I have been watching the Olympics this year. I never watched much of them before but for some reason they have captured my attention this time. The U.S. men's gymnastic team really drew me in a few days ago. They were so genuinely happy and excited just to be there. If you have followed their story at all you know about the Hamm brothers dropping out and two alternates taking their places. I especially liked watching Sasha Artemev on the pommel horse. He is much more smooth in his routines than almost any of the other gymnasts I saw and he really shined on the pommel horse. I hope he and Jonathan Horton can win a medal on the apparatus competition that is later on.

I have to admit that when I watch gymnastics I pause the television until the routine is over than fast forward to see if the gymnast made many mistakes. Then I rewind to watch the routine. I can't stand to see anyone fall or stumble. The suspense kills me so I get rid of the suspense. I feel badly for the person when they make big mistakes. I get embarrassed in everyday life for people that say embarrassing things, forget lines, fall down, etcetera. If I know the person the feeling gets ten times worse. Anyone else out there like that? I wish I didn't let it affect me as much but I have only tamed the feeling in recent months, not gotten rid of it completely. Ahh well . . . back to watching the Olympics! Or sleeping first. 3 am again . . .

1 comment:

redbug said...

Just wait until you have a child in a spelling bee. That is enough to give you gray hair!