Friday, October 17, 2008

Crazy People!

I heard something about Angelina Jolie's breast-feeding photo the other day and the scandal surrounding it. Of course this sparked my interest (I generally don't care too much about celebrities and their lives) and I had to search on the web to see the photo. Besides finding the photograph to be very tame and not understanding the problem surrounding it I found some crazy crazy fans of certain celebrities. When reading the comments posted by some people about this picture, I stumbled on some women (and perhaps men) that seem to feel that these people who they have never met are their personal best friends and family and need their defense. Honestly, how can someone get so angry about some wealthy person's family life? Why do they care if another woman thinks Jennifer Aniston is boring and so Brad Pitt left her? Or that another person thinks Jolie is an evil harlot who steals men? Why even make excuses for them or think about this to begin with? Am I just perpetuating the celebrity idolizing culture by posting about it here?

I just don't understand the depth of feeling some have over these things. Are their lives so boring and inconsequential that they need to post nasty comments like these about actors? There are so many other more important things in the world to get angry about, this should be last on the list.

No comments: